söndag 3 februari 2013

Gratitude Sunday


G r a t i t u d e  *  S u n d a y
{Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes.} 



Throughout the week I've felt grateful for:
  • laundry folded and put in it's right places, I'm really grateful for this gradually becoming a habit for my kids and that I can let go of this chore. 
  • dishwasher emptied, same with this one. It's easier to let some of the chores to hand over be the same continually, to just skip them knowing someone else is taking care of that part than giving them new chores from day to day. We have those too of course but
  • I'm grateful for less arguing, demanding, nagging
  • time released to do things together like:
  • dipping candles (even if unsuccessfully)
  • giggling and laughing with my girls about the candle-dip-disaster
  • a pizza ordered by my husband since it was running late and no food was prepared while dipping candles
  • My mother-in-law who almost always has got the stuff  I'm missing for my crafting projects
  • a level of tidiness/mess that is bearable. It's "lagom"
  • time outside in the sunny winter weather with my youngest
  • my youngest recovering from a two week illness
  • my youngest waking up in the middle of the night repeating cute nursery rhymes
  • his cute voice singing, rhyming and pretend-reading from his childrens books
  • his eagerness to help out when cooking
  • hugs from my nine-year-old, and his overall kindness
  • my oldest organizing our huge pile of  single socks making it a bit smaller
  • her overall helpfullness today
  • the laugh she caused this evening when she happened to hold a newspaper to her forehead and when she put it away we didn't need it anymore, it was all there, on her forehead
  • Another delicious meal by my 12-year-old
  • mobile phones being left in their chargers
  • a dinner at a fancy restaurant with my husband, celebrating 21 years together


Joining Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots for Gratitude Sunday






2 kommentarer:

  1. I am still working on my lagom, I love that word and wish we had an equivalent in English.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Hi :) I couldn't help but smile when reading your list. I wake up most nights to hear my daughter singing nursery rhymes to herself, then cheering at the end - even though I'm usually death-warmed-up at that time of night I can't help but melt!

    Have a great week!
    H xx

    SvaraRadera